High School 101: For Students, By Students (6/20/20)
This past summer, we conducted our first high school preparedness seminar for rising freshman, current underclassman, or curious middle schoolers interested in setting themselves up for success in high school! Conducted by a high school junior and college junior, our workshop discussed major aspects of academic and extracurricular interest, including:
- everything you need to know about honors/AP courses (and ensuring proper rigor in schedules)
- everything you need to know about dual enrollment (benefits, requirements, future steps)
- enhancing your extracurricular portfolio (clubs, competition, leadership/officership, founding a club)
- career pathways
- volunteering opportunities
- a comprehensive Q&A session following the presentation, where we answered ANY questions about the high school process and future plans
Registrants were able to interact with individuals with first hand exposure to all of the matters listed above, have their questions answered, and receive organizational materials to aid in their understanding of the high school process. Our fee of $10 per family included the provision of all informational student checklists, outlines, documents, presentations, and contacts discussed during the workshop.
We plan on holding similar events in the very near future! Please contact us if you would like to attend or have any questions!
Funds will facilitate future service projects and organizational endeavors to benefit disadvantaged individuals of underserved regions, including providing educational and mentorship opportunities, proper amenities and provisions, and supporting partnerships with other non-profits. We are eternally grateful to all who chose to partake in this enriching opportunity!